1. All teachers and teaching assistants of our current NCS support team have participated in and completed courses and seminars related to supporting NCS students in learning Chinese.
2. Our current NCS teachers and other Chinese subject teachers have shared their classroom experiences with each other.
1. To help NCS students to quickly adapt to the mainstream Chinese curriculum.
2. To use activities outside of lessons to create a Chinese-rich environment, to improve NCS students’ knowledge of Chinese, increase their usage of Chinese and boost their confidence.
3. Improve NCS students’ motivation to learn Chinese.
During the 2020/21 academic year, our school has continued to pull-out P.1-P.6 students in reading and writing classes (five periods in total). NCS students have the remaining four periods (listening, speaking, phonetic knowledge classes) with Chinese-speaking students.